Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sandals Royal Bahamian FAM Trip Report!

At the end of September, I had the opportunity to take a Rising Star FAM trip to the Sandals Royal Bahamian resort. This resort is an all inclusive resort in Nassau. A "FAM" trip is short for familiarization. The basic idea is to bring travel agents to a particular resort or destination so they can become more "familiar" with it so they can communicate and share better with their clients. Count me in!

One great part about Sandals is that the airport transfers are all included. After getting off the plane, you just head to the Sandals desk at the airport and tell them you are here. They will help you take your luggage to the bus, which will take you right to the resort. Easy peasy.


When I arrived, there was a cute sign to welcome us to the resort. Thanks! Happy to be here y'all!


I will bring this up again later on, but one of my favorite parts of this place is that the flight was under 2 hours from Atlanta. It was so short and then you are in an island paradise before you even have time to finish your airplane peanuts!


When you are on a FAM, you don't have choices about room types. That's nothing to complain about of course, but you just never know. My room had this nice view of the ocean, which was great!


My room didn't this amazing swim up feature, but they are sooo pretty...


It didn't have this awesome soaking tub either, but I did hop in one while on a tour! 


Sandals has three levels of room--luxury, club level, and butler level. One of the differences in the levels is what is available in your room. Luxury rooms will have sodas and water in your room and no room service available. Club level rooms have that plus plenty of alcohol and room service during regular hours. I was in a club level room, so you can see that you have those things plus plenty of choices. Butler level rooms will have top shelf level drinks as well as a butler to bring you anything you might want at any time during your trip for room service 24 hours a day.



On my arrival day, I spent some time exploring on my own before the welcome and dinner! So beautiful!



The next day, I had a work session. We spent some time getting updates on all of the Sandals properties and offerings.


We covered construction and remodeling updates and destination weddings, honeymoons, and "weddingmoons." Looks like a SIMPLE way to have a wedding! You pretty much plan out the details before you come and then just show up with your family and friends! I saw a wedding happening over on the private island, and it was just gorgeous.


Non-motorized water sports and SCUBA are part of the all-inclusive part of this place. I played around on some kayaks and paddle boards, which was a blast. I want to work on my PADI certification so I could squeeze in a dive on my next Sandals visit!

There is a quiet pool and a party pool, and they both lived up to their names. The drinks were great and they were plentiful! The party pool has water volleyball, loud music, entertainment, and giant swans....the quiet pool still has a swim up bar, but no music, and is a better place to bring a book or catch a nap.


There is a desk called "Island Routes," and they provide a variety of excursions. I can help you book these ahead of time if you want, or you can book them when you get on site.


They let us pick one on our first morning, and I got signed up for the little submarines ASAP!


The excursion was a blast, and it was so easy. They had a van pick us up at the front of the resort, and then it was a great time on the little subs! I would certainly encourage you to plan at least one excursion while on your vacation. 

Now, on to food and drinks. This resort has 10 full service restaurants and 8 full bars (including 3 swim up bars). In addition to that, you have access to room service all day for club level rooms and 24 hours a day in the butler level rooms.  I was a fan of the hibachi grill! So yummy and fun!


Maybe my favorite thing is that every time I was seated to eat, they asked me about any food allergies. You can of course note any allergies on your check in information, but it is still great to confirm this every time because it's a big deal.

 I also really enjoyed the high tea! It was lovely and a bit of a surprise.



 There is a beautiful gym where the treadmills overlook the ocean if you need to work off some of those treats!


The private island is accesible by boat, and it is a great way to spend the day. It is peaceful and just gorgeous!



There are two spas--one in the main building and one on the private island. Lovely to get the massage on the island by the water. 


Another not-exciting thing that I loved is that there is customs precheck in the Nassau airport! I looooove that (I like the boring things apparently!). You get to skip US customs when you arrive in ATL. It's really nice. When I got off the plane in Atlanta, I just walked right on out to my car! Easy as can be! This location is a wonderful getaway if you want a long weekend or just a limited amount of travel time!



I had a an amazing weekend, and it was a work weekend, which means that you would have an incredible vacation! If you would like help planning a trip, drop me a line at kacietravelplanner@gmail.com



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Blog but you need to add some more text to brief your blog. All the best.

    Vacation Itinerary Planner

    ReplyDelete